HEPA-CARE® UV400C Ceiling-Mounted Germicidal UV Air Disinfection Module for Ceiling Ducts
- Mounts into a 2-ft. by 2-ft. drop-ceiling grid
- Designed specifically for use in areas that may lack HEPA filtration and negative or positive room pressurization
- Used in place of HVAC return-air grills, to irradiate the air before it is exhausted from a room or area
- Used in place of HVAC supply air diffusers to ensure that air supplied to an area is irradiated
UVGI Module Safely and Effectively Exposes Infectious Airborne Pathogens to High Intensity UV-C Irradiation in HVAC Supply Air or Exhaust Air Ducts
The UV400C Ceiling-Mounted Germicidal UV Air Disinfection Module from Abatement Technologies® brings the germ-killing power of UVGI disinfection to virtually any high risk room or area, such as ER waiting rooms. Depending on the application, UV400C modules can be mounted into a 2 ft. x 2 ft. drop-ceiling grid either in place of existing ceiling-mounted HVAC supply air diffusers or return air grills.
The UV400C module is equipped with four ultra-high output UVGI lamps. Air passing through the UV400C is channeled very close to the lamps, making certain that potentially infectious pathogens in HVAC supply or return air are exposed to more than 17,000 microwatts per cm² of germicidal UV energy. Internal baffles slow down the air, to increase dwell time within the “kill zone.”
Multiple Applications and Areas
The UV400C can be an especially beneficial infection control tool because it is designed specifically for use in areas that may lack HEPA filtration and negative or positive room pressurization. In many hospital or healthcare facilities, this can include areas such as patient waiting rooms, ER triage areas, outpatient clinics, surgical centers, physician offices, pediatrics or autopsy.
- HVAC Return Air Disinfection - The UV400C is used in place of HVAC return air grills to ensure that 100% of the air exhausted from that room or area is irradiated. In this mode, the HVAC blower pulls air into the room, first through openings in the bottom of the door, and then through the UV400C so it can be disinfected before it is ducted back into the HVAC returns.
- HVAC Supply Air Disinfection - The UV400C is used in place of HVAC supply air diffusers to ensure that 100% of the HVAC air supplied to an area is irradiated. In this mode, supply air is ducted into the unit above the ceiling, irradiated and then dispersed directly into the room. This mode is ideal for Protective Environments (PE) housing patients who are immune compromised.
Performance features of the UV400C Ceiling-Mounted Germicidal UV Air Disinfection Module include:
- High-Output - Four T6-type, ultra-high output 39-watt UVGI lamps (156 watts total)
- Reliable - Lamps rated for 9,000 hours (1 year) of continuous operation
- Maximum UV Exposure - Internal air baffles maximize UVGI exposure by slowing down the airflow and funneling it closer to the lamps, exposing pathogens to more than 17,000 µw/cm² of UV energy
- Easy Lamp Replacement - Easy room-side access facilitates lamp replacement
Safety operating features of the UV400C include:
- Complete Lamp Shielding - Protects against UV exposure during operation
- Safety Interlock - Instantly deactivates the lamps if the lamp compartment is opened or airflow is interrupted
- NRTL-Certified - Safety certified to conform with applicable UL & CSA safety standards