HEPA-CARE® HC800CD Ceiling-Mounted Air Purification System
- Ideal for rooms with inadequate floor space for a portable unit
- Five airflow settings, with peak output of 725cfm - 850cfm
- Typically capable of maintaining 12+ ACH in rooms as large as 3,625 to 4,250 ft3
- The separate control module can be wall mounted near the room or remotely in another area of the building
Ceiling-Mounted Air Purifier with HEPA Filtration Provides Less Costly Solution for Creating Patient Isolation Rooms
The ceiling-mounted HEPA-CARE HC800CD Air Purification System from Abatement Technologies® is the perfect solution for creating CDC / CSA-compliant negative pressure isolation rooms in fixed locations in hospitals and healthcare facilities. When not being used in negative pressure mode, the flexible HC800CD can also be operated as a continuous recirculating air purifier to lower airborne pathogen counts and reduce potential exposure to high risk patients and staff. Compared to ‘design and build’ isolation rooms, the two-module HC800CD is far less costly to add and implement.
The filtration module suspends completely out of the way in a 2 ft. x 4 ft. drop ceiling grid. The separate, tamper-resistant control panel box can be wall-mounted within the same area as the HC800CD or remotely in another area of the building.
The powerful HC800CD Patient Isolation System can provide and maintain 12 air changes per hour (ACH) or more in areas as large as 3,625 to 4,250 cubic feet. The unit is equipped with an H14 Type HEPA filter tested and certified to capture at least 99.99% of microscopic particles 0.3 microns in size.
“Dirty” air laden with potentially infectious airborne organisms and harmful microscopic particles is first pulled through two filter stages:
- A 2” particulate pre-filter treated with microbial growth inhibitor (standard)
- A pharmaceutical-grade HEPA filter with silicone-gel seal
UVGI Disinfection Technology Cleans and Sterilizes the Air The optional UV400C-PT Ceiling-Mounted Air Disinfection Module adds the germ-killing power of germicidal UV to the HEPA-filtered HC800CD Ceiling-Mounted Air Filtration System. The combination of HEPA filtration and UV-C irradiation provides an additional level of air purification protection. Learn more about the UV400C-PT UVGI Air Disinfection Module for the HC800CD.
Optional VAPOR-LOCK® Carbon Filters Remove Odors and Gases The HEPA-CARE HC800CD Ceiling-Mounted Air Purifier can also be equipped with an optional VAPOR-LOCK high-capacity, activated carbon or carbon blend filter to remove odors and gases. The VAPOR-LOCK filter replaces the standard 2” particulate pre-filter and must be ordered separately.
Advanced features of the HC800CD Ceiling-Mounted Air Purification System include:
- Installs Out-of-the-Way - Suspends neatly and permanently in a 2 ft. x 4 ft. drop ceiling grid
- Powerful Airflow - Two, energy-efficient motorized impellers rated for 100,000 hours of maintenance-free operation
- Unique Zero-Bypass Dual Cabinet Design - Added assurance that contaminated air can’t bypass the HEPA filter
- Durable Cabinet - powder-coated aluminum and advanced assembly techniques create a refined look and are easy to decontaminate and maintain
- Safety Certification - Certified as a Class II Medical Devices under FDA 510K and NRTL certified to conform with relevant UL and CSA safety standards
- Control Panel - Intuitive digital touch screen installs in the room or remotely.
- Export Version - 230 volt/50-60 Hz model is available for overseas customers
Operates Quietly Above the Ceiling
With quiet background operation (35 dBA to 59 dBA @ 5’), the HC800CD is hard to notice at work creating negative pressure and purifying the air.
Long-Life HEPA Filter with Strong Aluminum Frame
Each pharmaceutical-grade HEPA filter from Abatement Technologies is individually tested and certified in accordance with the Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology IEST-RP-CC001 to provide minimum filtration efficiency of 99.99% against a 0.3 micron challenge aerosol. The high-performance HEPA filter is mounted within a strong anodized aluminum frame that will not warp or support microbial growth.
Silicone-Gel Seal Protects Against Contaminated Air Bypass
A downward-facing flange imbeds into a silicone-gel seal creating a channel that forces air through the HEPA filter and protects against the risk of contaminated air bypassing the filter.
Hinged Door for Rapid Filter Replacement
Hinged, front door secures with two Phillips machine screws and provides quick access to both the HEPA filter and the 2” particulate pre-filter for replacement or maintenance.
Low-Profile, Wall-Mounted Control Panel Box
High-visibility, color LCD touch screen control box installs in the room or remotely. Intuitive, menu-driven screens are accessed after opening the Password Entry Screen:
- Digital 3.25" LCD touch screen
- Password protection
- Five airflow settings
- Menu-driven display for monitoring various operating parameters
- Increased reliability Green ‘Unit On’ indicator that illuminates when the unit is powered
- Yellow ‘Warning" Change Pre-Filter’ indicator that illuminates when the pre-filter and/or HEPA filter are approaching the load limit
- Red ‘Change HEPA Filter’ indicator that illuminates when the HEPA is loaded
- LCD display for status indication, setup and operating modes
- Modular design for ease of service
All Abatement HEPA-CARE units have been tested by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) and carry the marks certifying that they comply with applicable OSHA, UL and CSA electrical safety standards. Filters meet UL900 flammability standards. Learn more about the importance of product safety certification in the Learning Center.