Toronto - CSA Infection Control Course
From : Apr 15, 2020 8:30:00 AM To : Apr 16, 2020 4:30:00 PM Venue : 144 Sharer Road, Woodbridge, ON L4L 7Z4, Canada
Infection Control During Construction, Renovation, and Maintenance of Healthcare Facilities
The Infection Control courses are CSA instructor lead and will be of interest to those persons responsible for ensuring compliance with the CSA Z317.13 Standard during construction, renovation and maintenance of healthcare facilities in Canada. The course will include training materials, lunch each day and upon completion a Certificate of Participation from CSA.
Location: 144 Sharer Road, Woodbridge, ON
Apr 15th, Day 1: Fundamentals of Infection Control During Construction, Renovation, and Maintenance of Healthcare Facilities
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Gain a general understanding of CSA Z317.13
- Identify the risk factors and sources of healthcare facility infections
- Identify all staff who should be involved in infection prevention and control measures during any aspect of construction, renovation and maintenance activities
- Review effective infection prevention and control procedures during construction, renovation, and maintenance
- Understand and effectively apply infection prevention and control measures for renovation and or new construction projects
- Learn about industry best practices and how they can apply to your specific role
April 16th, Day 2: Effective Implementation and Practical Applications of Infection Control During Construction, Renovation, and Maintenance of Healthcare Facilities
Review and understand all new components that have been added to the 2017 edition of the CSA Z317.13
- Identify and learn to implement effective procedures during construction, renovation and maintenance of healthcare facilities
- Practice real-life application of the standard
- Engage in practical discussions around the appropriate actions to help mitigate risks and implement damage control procedures
- Learn how to apply innovative thinking in the field of infection prevention and control measure for new construction projects and/or significant additions
For more details on the course content, go to the CSA website under their Training Section but do not register there, Abatement Technologies is organizing this training session, it is, however, the CSA course and your participation certificate will come from CSA.
Course Instructor: Gordon D. Burrill
Gordon is President of Teegor Consulting Inc., an international consulting firm specializing in healthcare engineering and construction. He spent 13 years as a design engineer, followed by 7 years as the Director of Engineering for a New Brunswick Health Authority in Canada before branching out to Teegor Consulting Inc. in August of 2004.
He is a Registered Professional Engineer with 30 years of experience in the design, construction, operations, and maintenance of healthcare facilities and is both a Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (in Canada and the USA) and a Certified Healthcare Constructor. He is a former Council Member of the International Federation for Hospital Engineers and Past President of the Canadian Healthcare Engineering Society. Gordon is currently the chair of CSA Group’s Technical Committee for Health Care Facilities and vice-chair of their Technical Subcommittee for Design and Construction of Canadian Healthcare Facilities.
TO REGISTER FOR DAY 1 OR DAY 2 THE COST WILL BE $595 + HST PER DAY, FOR BOTH DAYS THE COST WILL BE: $1150 + HST.