CAP600-UVP Residential and Commercial Air Purifier
- Convert Your Home or Office HVAC System into a Hospital-Grade HEPA Filtration System
- HEPA Filtration can remove at least 99.97% of microscopic airborne particles @ 0.3 microns in size
- Multiple filtration stages remove particles far too small to be captured by most types of filters
- The ultimate indoor air quality (IAQ) solution for homes equipped with forced air HVAC systems
- Bring relief to family members or office employees who are sensitive to airborne allergens
- Germicidal UV Plus (UVP) lamp technology irradiates and helps control mold spores and bacteria
Convert Your Central HVAC System into a Hospital-Grade HEPA Filtration System for Your Entire Home or Office
Allergists, pediatricians, and other healthcare professionals often recommend state-of-the-art HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filtration technology to remove microscopic pathogens, allergens, and irritants from the air in their patient’s homes. Why? First, more than 99% of the particles suspended in indoor air are less than one micron (0.0000004 inches) in size, far too small to be captured by most types of filters or seen by the naked eye. Second, particles this tiny have been identified by scientists at the U.S. EPA and elsewhere as potentially “lung damaging”, because they are small enough to bypass our defense mechanisms and lodge deep in our lungs.
Abatement Technologies® CAP600 Series and CAP1200 Series Central Air Purifiers, with True HEPA filters, are so efficient they can remove at least 99.97% of these microscopic airborne particles (@ 0.3 microns in size), including those that can trigger asthma and other allergic reactions. All CAP600 Series and CAP1200 Whole-House or Office HEPA Air Cleaners feature multiple filtration stages to remove particles, plus an activated carbon filter to remove odors and some VOC's (Volatile Organic Compounds). Top of the line models are also equipped with germicidal UV (UVGI) or UV "Plus" lamp technology to irradiate and help control bacteria and mold spores present in the air stream or trapped on the HEPA filter.
The CAP600-UVP model is equipped with a unique dual-frequency lamp that generates both germicidal UV and a controlled amount of trivalent oxygen (ozone) via an oxidation reaction called photolysis for enhanced effectiveness against odors caused by mold and fungal growth, odor problems or heavy smokers. It generates a controlled amount of ozone gas designed to neutralize odor producing compounds. The ozone gas breaks down quickly and then dissipates inside the HVAC ductwork.
The CAP600-UVP model is equipped with:
- Stage One - A pre-filter for capturing larger dirt particles
- Stage Two - A 2”-deep activated carbon filter for capturing smaller particles and odors
- Stage Three - A 99.97% efficient true HEPA filter
- Stage Four - A UV ""Plus"" dual-purpose germicidal UV & photolysis oxidation (ozone) lamp