Chemical, Biological & Nuclear Response
Medical Equipment for Emergency Hospital Preparedness Plans
A chemical, nuclear or bioterrorism attack could bring a wave of potentially infectious, panic-stricken victims to your hospital emergency room. Does your healthcare facility or medical clinic have sufficient infectious patient isolation rooms or isolation surge capacity to protect patients and staff?
State-of-the-art HEPA-CARE® and HEPA-AIRE® Air Purification Equipment and Solutions from Abatement Technologies help create protective isolation environments and increase infectious patient isolation surge capacity. HEPA-CARE and HEPA-AIRE products can enhance the bioterrorism hospital preparedness plans of healthcare facilities with cost-effective, rapid response solutions to a mass casualty emergency.
Standard Hospital Rooms Convert to Negative Pressure Patient Isolation Rooms
High-performance, HEPA-CARE Air Purification Systems convert regular patient rooms into negative pressure patient isolation rooms that meet CDC guidelines for airborne infection control. HEPA-CARE systems purify the air by capturing dangerous pathogens in a certified 99.99% high-efficiency Type A hospital-grade HEPA filter. Negative pressure created by the HEPA-CARE units within the patient space help prevent the spread of bioterrorism agents to other patients and personnel within the medical facility.
HEPA-CARE Air Purification Systems include:
- HEPA-CARE Portable Air Purification Models - Mounted on easy-rolling built-in casters for rapid deployment during emergency pandemic situations
- HEPA-CARE Ceiling Mounted Air Purification Model - Installs in a standard 2 ft. x 4 ft. drop ceiling grid for permanent patient room installation
- Additional Products - Additional products from Abatement Technologies for effective patient isolation: Wall-Mounted and Portable Differential Pressure Monitors, Anteroom Transition Modules, ISOQUAD® IQ200 Patient Bed Isolation Module and Particle Control Products
Flat-Space Conversion into Large Patient Isolation Areas
Abatement Technologies HEPA-filtered, HEPA-AIRE Portable Air Scrubber systems quickly and economically convert on-site flat space or off-site, community-based spaces into large airborne infection isolation rooms. Spaces that can be converted include:
- Conference Rooms
- Community Meeting Rooms
Abatement HEPA-AIRE Portable Air Scrubbers produce higher airflows needed to create large patient isolation areas, and the ability to maintain negative pressure to prevent particle migration outside of the isolation zone. Dangerous contaminants are removed from the air through a pharmaceutical grade 99.99% efficiency HEPA filter. HEPA-AIRE systems are built to last and can operate 24/7 for months at a time.
High-performance HEPA-AIRE Portable Air Scrubber Systems include:
- HEPA-AIRE PAS5000HC Portable Air Filtration System - Our largest, most powerful unit for creating large patient isolation rooms
- HEPA-AIRE PAS2400HC Portable Air Filtration System - Exceptional air purification performance in a highly portable 120-volt unit
Portable Anteroom Modules Create Transition Zones
Emergency Anteroom Modules by Abatement Technologies work as an “air-lock” or buffer zone to create a transitional space between a “clean” space, the hallway, and the space that has been converted into a patient isolation area. Anteroom Modules can be negatively or positively pressurized to control the direction of airflow and help contain contaminants.
Emergency Portable Anteroom Modules include:
- AIRE GUARDIAN®Portable Anteroom Module - Frame-and-fabric anteroom module creates an in-corridor transition space
- ANTE UP® Inflatable Anteroom - Inflatable anteroom stores conveniently in a soft-sided bag and inflates in minutes
Bed Isolation Module
The ISOQUAD IQ200 Bed Isolation Module further expands surge capacity by isolating infectious patients in any size bed or gurney.
Continuous HEPA Air Cleaning and Recirculation
When not used to create negative pressure patient quarantine areas, Abatement Technologies HEPA-CARE and HEPA-AIRE Air Purification Systems can operate in a pressure-neutral mode to cleanse and recirculate filtered air back into the same space. Continuous air cleaning and recirculation provides infection control benefits in potentially high-risk areas where patients are treated such as ER rooms and triage areas. Learn more about HEPA Air Cleaning and Recirculation for Infectious Pathogen Control using Abatement Air Purification Systems.
Speak with a Healthcare Air Purification Specialist
Abatement Technologies experienced and knowledgeable sales consultants, customer service and technical support staff are ready to assist with product recommendations to help keep your facility prepared for a pandemic. Call Abatement Technologies at 800-634-9091 (U.S.) or 800-827-6443 (Canada) to speak with a Healthcare Air Purification Specialist.